Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo

Missing tar install in ACP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RK1Arcade

RK1Arcade

Idiot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:21 AM

Exactly what the title says. For some strange reason the install in the ACP is gone.

#2 Eagle_Kiwi

Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New_Zealand

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Hi, RK1,

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but here's some instruction we have for Admins on DA - I can't guarantee it or take any blame if it goes wrong, but try it if you like, FWIW.  (You'd need to amend the pathname in the link, of course).

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Occasionally TAR installer gets messed up, and simply won't open.

If so, to clear it, do this:-  (perhaps run a mini backup first just in case!?)

First, delete the TAR file in cPanel - File Manager - TAR folder.

Second, go HERE.

This table should normally be empty. If it isn't, DELETE all the entries in it.

(NOTE:- There is also a folder called "tmp" within the Arcade folder, files here should *NOT* be deleted.)

#3 RK1Arcade

RK1Arcade

Idiot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:05 AM

What the actual problem is, that when I go into the (game installer) link, it just shows a white page. No errors or anything, just a white page.

#4 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,392 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

I do not have access to your FTP to get in and see what is going on with your tarinstaller

and I am leaving for work shortly so will not have a chance to check anything until this evening

Here to help if and when I can

#5 RK1Arcade

RK1Arcade

Idiot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:06 AM

i will pm you the ftp info

#6 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,392 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Had to clean out some old files in the /arcade/tar/installed and the /arcade/tar/tmp folders that were causing the error.  The only folder that you should not empty is the /arcade/tar/tmp/gamedata folder, leave these files alone but the others you can clear out from time to time.  IF you see the same problem in the future, trying clearing out these two folders and see if that clears the issue

#7 RK1Arcade

RK1Arcade

Idiot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

it's acting up again with the game installer. I did what you said and it's going white screen.

#8 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,392 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

as we talked about a lot of the problems you are having could be caused by the server you have.  After your current server upgrade is completed, hopefully things will be much better, you should see a huge difference (depending on the server you are moving too)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com