Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo

How to add the swf file

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:34 PM

I have some games that got screwed up on the transfer to the vps server.

I need to install the swf file to them, how is this done, can someone please explain to me.

Thanks.

#2 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,380 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

on your server you will find the arcade directory, open that and you will see all the swf files there, I am not sure how Whitey is making the changes but if all you have to do is put the swf file back, they would go with all of the other swf files in the arcade directory

Here to help if and when I can

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

on your server you will find the arcade directory, open that and you will see all the swf files there, I am not sure how Whitey is making the changes but if all you have to do is put the swf file back, they would go with all of the other swf files in the arcade directory

Where do I get this swf file. I do see the swf files, but I am lost when it comes to getting this swf files and putting it back in the game..

#4 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:53 AM

You would have to have the original tar file, extract the tar file and one of the files there will be the .swf file

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:19 AM

You would have to have the original tar file, extract the tar file and one of the files there will be the .swf file

OK I follow now when I extract the swf file, what is the next step?

#6 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:29 AM

Now you have to upload it to the arcade directory on your server where you see all the other swf files

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

Now you have to upload it to the arcade directory on your server where you see all the other swf files

OK> Would it be simpler to just upload new games and delete the old ones? because I have to have the good game to get the file from.

#8 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

I would check with Whitey (Ed) and see what he has going on, if he is transferring all them swf files and you delete the games it could make things even worse

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

I would check with Whitey (Ed) and see what he has going on, if he is transferring all them swf files and you delete the games it could make things even worse

OK I'll check with Ed. even Glencara is helping so I'd better wait and ask her also.

#10 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 07 July 2019 - 03:45 AM

There are various ways to achieve this Ron, you can delete the game and reinstall it if thats the way you feel is easiest.  You can also upload the new game and install it without deleting the broken one, I've found doing this just replaces the missing parts of the game.

If you can access your old file manager with iFast, all the missing files and folders are there (gamedata and swf), you can download from there and then upload to new via ftp or file manager.  The issue was that your old host just kept timing out or giving errors which made it very difficult to get them all across.

As Legionaire says, the swf files go in the Arcade folder, and if you open the arcade folder you will see all the other swf files already there.  With some of the games, the gamedata folder is also missing, these will go into arcade/gamedata/ folder.

I think Glen has most of the games stored locally so tends to compare the sizes of the games with the good ones she has stored and then can easily tell which ones are missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com