Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo

How many are interested in an arcade for 4.x ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: 4.x Arcade (20 member(s) have cast votes)

I have seen on IPS the request for an Arcade for 4.x. My question would be, how many are actually interested in an Arcade for 4.x ?

1. I would love to have an arcade for 4.x (13 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

2. I am somewhat interested (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I would like to see what it offers first (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. I am perfectly happy with the Arcade I have now (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. I have no interest in 4.x, therefore no interest in an arcade for 4.x (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

for the past few years, well probably since IPS went to the 4.x series software there have been many requests to have an arcade for 4.x.  Now I have tried in the past to make this happen and failed miserably, but I am truly interested in how many of you would switch to 4.x if there were an arcade available :chin:

So please take some time and cast your vote in the poll

Here to help if and when I can

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

3.4 is getting kind of old now to keep repairing, and no longer being supported, like on my arcade forum, stop spam quit working, no fix for it, mod.'s are hard to get for 3.4. Even thought it's old I still love all the features.

So yes if the arcade was ready for IPB 4.x I'd change over, even though I have no clue what 4.x is like inside..

Lots of people complain about the arcade no being upgraded to 4.x, but I don't think they realized the work involved in maintaining the arcade database. I have a test board with SMF 2.0.15 and I have Chen's SMF Arcade installed, I have a few games installed, but SMF Arcade still has not the features that ibProArcade has..

If there is anyway I could be of help, I will help out..

#3 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

Help for what ?  this is a generalized poll just to see what people think about 4.x and the possibility of switching to 4.x IF an arcade was available, do not know of any that are developed yet.  But thank you for your vote and your comments

#4 Mercury

Mercury

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

As time has gone on with 4x updates and changes, in my opinion the software has taken a different direction and I would not want to use it with an arcade if one was available.

If that was the only option where 3.4 became unusable then I would have to rethink but for now, no.

#5 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

As time has gone on with 4x updates and changes, in my opinion the software has taken a different direction and I would not want to use it with an arcade if one was available.

If that was the only option where 3.4 became unusable then I would have to rethink but for now, no.

what if it looked and operated just like this arcade, with the same functionality (not sure that will happen but just a thought)

#6 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

Also another thing to take into consideration is that as php evolves, at some point the 5.x series php will no longer be supported and when that happens your host may no longer offer it as an option.  I am on the fence on this one myself, but technology does steer what we can and cannot do on the internet, and as it progresses, at some point, we are forced to walk in a direction we did not want to go

• Mercury likes this

#7 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

If it looked something like this, would anyone be interested then ?

Attached File  arcade4.png   1.07MB   0 downloads

• KennethWriedtJensen, Glencara and Tschieny like this

#8 Oak

Oak

Nightwatch

• Moderators
  • 159 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

Also another thing to take into consideration is that as php evolves, at some point the 5.x series php will no longer be supported and when that happens your host may no longer offer it as an option.  I am on the fence on this one myself, but technology does steer what we can and cannot do on the internet, and as it progresses, at some point, we are forced to walk in a direction we did not want to go

If you remain on PHP 5.6, you may find yourself dealing with a hacked site some time next year when a vulnerability is released for PHP 5.6 and no fix is released by the PHP team because PHP 5.6 is end-of-life.

Source ----  https://www.wordfenc...php5-dangerous/

Migrating from PHP 5.6.x to PHP 7.0.x

https://secure.php.n...migration70.php

https://www.php.net/...#id2019-08-29-2

D/Load PHP 7 Versions here 

https://windows.php.net/download/

Might be of Interest or im looking in the wrong place lol 

#9 Level Lord

Level Lord

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:15 AM

At some point everything will end up alone from a technical point of view and security arrangements would be a new arcade already interesting and what should look like or what to start this should be secondary because people want to play the games are sure to be happy whether it goes on or not

#10 Mississippitalks

Mississippitalks

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

I would absolutely consider running an arcade on my 4.x site.  I like the new features of 4.x series.   If need be would offer a development site of 4.x series

#11 Mercury

Mercury

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:09 AM

what if it looked and operated just like this arcade, with the same functionality (not sure that will happen but just a thought)

For me the arcade would be great as it is. I just don't like 4x.

With the issues mentioned above, I'd only go down the 4x route if that was the only way to use an arcade.

#12 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:38 AM

Well the snap shot above is actually a working, 4.x series Arcade and is getting closer to a beta release, so was just checking to see who the Beta testers would be.

Thanks everyone for participating in the poll and your comments, appreciate your participation :)

• Mercury likes this

#13 Mississippitalks

Mississippitalks

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

That's awesome I would be interested in Testing for Sure.  Currently running the latest ipb 4.x on one site

#14 Level Lord

Level Lord

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:11 AM

If still testers are searched I would like to support that. Currently I have a Tesboard with the version 4.4.6 in use. Also tests for different php configurations could be tested from 7.0 - 7.3

#15 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

We will be opening up the site for new members to join and test the ips4 arcade within the next day or so, will get back to you with more details when the time comes.  It is not ready to be tested on YOUR boards just yet, a few more tweaks and if any comments on functionality once you have a chance to give it a try on our server and they are fixed, we will be closer to opening up for beta testers

#16 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

If you want to get in on the initial testing, we are ready to get some help, you can sign up at

https://ipsproarcade.com

We need comments on the look, feel, flow or whatever.  Please post all of your comments in the forums provided on ipsproarcade.com.  Please keep in mind that this board is still under development and there will be some minor issues that have not yet been discovered and there will be some functionality that is in the works that has not yet been implemented so please do not get frustrated.  The more comments and suggestions you can provide can only lead to a better arcade platform

#17 Tschieny

Tschieny

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:40 AM

Of course I would switch to 4xx if there is a similar arcade (like your screenshot) and I would like to test this new arcade as well. that's good prospects.

#18 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:22 AM

If you want to get in on the initial testing, we are ready to get some help, you can sign up at

https://ipsproarcade.com

We need comments on the look, feel, flow or whatever.  Please post all of your comments in the forums provided on ipsproarcade.com.  Please keep in mind that this board is still under development and there will be some minor issues that have not yet been discovered and there will be some functionality that is in the works that has not yet been implemented so please do not get frustrated.  The more comments and suggestions you can provide can only lead to a better arcade platform

Signed up, waiting..

Is this open to our members, if so I can put a notice on my arcade forum advising..

#19 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:23 AM

it is open to anyone who wants to join and help test the arcade

#20 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators