Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo

Buying a car

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:21 AM

Was a reasonable fee that you had to pay monthly, not like today where you feel you have to live in the vehicle.  If I were to buy a new truck today at 70,000 dollars, the monthly payment would be more than the mortgage payment on my house :chin:

• masodo likes this

Here to help if and when I can

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMcGregor On.

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:06 AM

Was a reasonable fee that you had to pay monthly, not like today where you feel you have to live in the vehicle.  If I were to buy a new truck today at 70,000 dollars, the monthly payment would be more than the mortgage payment on my house :chin:

I don't know how people make it today. I see a home on the market for well over 500,000 dollars, and in the driveway are two or three brand new cars.. I made what I thought was pretty good money. I worked in the Tool and Mould company, I was the driver, I delivered and picked up injection moulds, and dies, throughout Canada and America. I know I put long hours in and I lived in the truck a lot. I think a normal work week for me was roughly 60 to 70 hours..One year I bought a new silverado pickup truck 23,000 dollars Canadian.of course that was many years ago.. I can't even afford to look at new cars today..

Most people today make in one month what my pension is for a year..

#3 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

I agree with you Ron, no way to afford a house payment and a NEW car on the money I make, and I thought I was doing pretty well also :rolleyes:

And to top off the new house, 3 brand new cars, you find out they own a vacation home as well, boy was I born in the wrong era :yes:

Here to help if and when I can

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com